Glug of olive oil
1 white onion - chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 red pepper - chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 medium sweet potato -chopped into bite sized chunks
400g kidney beans
400g butter beans
400g chopped tomatoes
2.5 tbsp peanut butter
1 litre vegan friendly vegetable stock powder
2 generous handfuls of spinach
fresh coriander - chopped
salt & pepper
1. heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic powder and sweat until softened.
2. now add the pepper, chilli flakes, sweet potato and the chopped tomatoes.
3. allow to gently bubble over a medium to high heat for about 5 minutes and season generously.
4. make up the vegetable stock.
5. now add the beans and peanut butter to the mixture, pour in the vegetable stock, stir well and place the lid on the pan.
6. reduce the heat to a slow simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
7. turn off the heat, add the chopped coriander and spinach and replace the lid for 5 minutes to allow the spinach to wilt.
8. adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with a sprinkling of roasted peanuts.